Gooseneck Lights for Sign Lighting
Add a touch of timeless charm to your shop front or façade with this attractive aluminum outdoor gooseneck lighting fixture. Gooseneck lights are a fantastic way to light your business's signage. A sophisticated step above overdone internally lit sign boxes, these modern gooseneck lights add a touch of upscale elegance to your façade both in the daylight and at night. They create an interesting focal point when installed above a doorway, along an awning, or over a sign, even when they are not lit. And with a wide diameter of thrown illumination, they cast brilliant light over your sign, doorway, or whatever you are trying to showcase at night.
Commercial-Quality Aluminum Fixtures
Our commercial-grade gooseneck lights for sign lighting are suitable for use in both exterior and interior applications. They are made from a high quality aluminum that has a rustproof powder coat finish for maximum weather resistance. You can choose your gooseneck light's finish from 20 different color selections, including bold primary colors and industrial-chic faux metal coatings. Made on-demand to your exact specifications, these outdoor gooseneck light fixtures can also be customized by arm style, power source, and optional accessories, offering you the surest fit for your design job. An optional swivel coupling is also available for more precisely directed lighting.
Mounting Outdoor Gooseneck Lighting
Each of these outdoor gooseneck lighting fixtures comes complete with everything you need for easy installation. A 4 5/8" diameter round aluminum back plate (painted the same color as the finish you choose) mounts directly to any wall while the included incandescent ceramic socket is wired for 120V service. The back plate can be mounted over any standard 4" diameter flush mount round or octagonal junction box (mounting holes are 3 1/2" on center. Call our customer service department if you have any questions about maximum incandescent wattage or other lamping options. For the best aesthetic, install one gooseneck light every 3-4 feet of signage, wall, or awning length.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we’ll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.