Barn lights are a fixture in many American industrial locations as well as in businesses, restaurants, and other settings across the country. That's because they seamlessly blend the need for style with the utility business and home owners require to keep their outdoor spaces safely and effective illuminated. Additionally, these gooseneck barn lights are ideally suited for use as sign lights, since the arms can easily wrap around signs and awnings to maintain a targeted beam of light that highlihgts only what you want to showcase and not the surrounding areas.
Aside from their practical purposes, our goosenecks are made for style. Their wide shades and slender necks offers a fashionable appearance with a rustic vibe that is equally well suited for retro, modern, or even traditional homes. Additionally, they come in a range of color options to ensure you find something that coordinates with your décor. If not, then just ask about custom color matching features, which allow you help us create a color that perfectly enhances your home.
Each of these lights comes with other customization options as well. Choose from alternative shade sizes and styles, as well as various arm bending configurations to ensure a perfect fit around signs, or for the display of monuments, flags, and other outdoor décor pieces.
Every light is powder coated to prevent rusting, corrosion, and other weather damage, even in areas with inclement weather or direct sunlight.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and well be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.