Our stylish outdoor gooseneck lights are the perfect solution for illuminating signage, awnings, walls or common areas. Made from aluminum these commercial grade fixtures are suitable for exterior or interior applications. Available in over 20 colors each fixture is a build to suit item. As a result, you have the flexibility to mix and match different shade and arm styles, colors, optional accessories or power sources. After you place your order, your fixtures will be made to your specifications and then shipped immediately upon completion.
A good rule of thumb for sign lighting is one fixture for every 3 to 4 feet of sign width. Other factors such as ambient lighting, placement of the light fixture, sign colors, gooseneck shade size and bulb wattage will all combine to determine overall luminance and coverage area. When precise placement of light is required we also offer an optional "swivel coupling" which is placed between the end of the arm and the shade. This coupling allows you to swivel the shade up/down so the main focal point can be adjusted as desired.
Each outdoor gooseneck light comes with a 4 5/8" diameter round aluminum wall mount back plate and a medium base incandescent ceramic socket wired for 120V service. All back plates have mounting holes that are 3-1/2" on center to allow installation over any standard 4" diameter outdoor recessed (flush mounted) round or octagonal Junction box. Mounting options will vary for photocell sensors, compact fluorescent or metal halide ballasts. Call for details.
The aluminum back plates, gooseneck arms and shades are all powder coated to match the color of your choice (please note: the "inside" of each shade is powder coated White for maximum reflectivity). Each gooseneck fixture is UL listed (US and Canada) and designed for durability as well as many years of worry free operation.
Note: The maximum incandescent wattage for gooseneck fixtures is based on shade size:
7" diameter shades up to 100W incandescent bulb (not included)
10" diameter shades up to 150W incandescent bulb (not included)
12" diameter shades up to 200W incandescent bulb (not included)
Typical bulb type/size is PAR20 for 7" and 10" dia. shades and PAR20 or PAR30 for 12" dia. shades. The "PAR" style floodlight bulbs can easily be found at your neighborhood home improvement center or local hardware store.
Please call us at 888-919-7446 with any questions or for more information on options and/or custom configurations.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we’ll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.