Gooseneck Lighting for Modern Appeal
While the elegant and upscale parts of town are moving away from dated, internally lit sign boxes, don't let your business be left out in the dark. Give your storefront a modern and sophisticated upgrade with our gooseneck barn lights. These fashionable fixtures are the perfect way to showcase your business's custom made or hand painted sign without the use of annoying fluorescent lights. Sign lighting will increase your customer flow, making you stand out after dark, while also giving your façade a stylish contemporary look. And even if you already have sign lighting, these gooseneck lights are also an attractive way to add illumination over entryways, patios, alleyways, awnings, and monuments.
Long slender gooseneck arms and sleek domed shades ensure that these commercial exterior lights have a welcome place in any cutting edge establishment. Based on a classic barn light style, we've given these fixtures a contemporary twist that is just perfect for hip eateries, boutiques, lounges, and galleries. And even though they are at the pinnacle of architectural style, these fixtures still pay tribute to good old fashion craftsmanship and durability. Made from high quality aluminum, these sign lights are painted with a powder-coated finish, ensuring that they will last for years in outdoor settings. The powder coat also guarantees that they will stay free from rust.
Each of these large gooseneck lights includes a matching mounting plate that fits over any standard 4" junction box. The 12" domed shade has a maximum rating of 200W, with a UL listing for exterior use. Dozens of paint options allow you to customize these gooseneck lights to match your existing exterior décor, including our five most popular hues at no additional cost. For more customization options, such as swivel couplings, alternate arm configurations and lamping options, give our customer service department a call.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we’ll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.