Sophisticated Commercial Lighting
When you want your business's façade to look as unique and sophisticated as the products you offer inside, no boring commercial internally lit sign light will do. To showcase your one of a kind custom made or hand painted signage you need our domed shade gooseneck lighting. Only these elegant and fashionable features can truly do justice to your business's persona, especially in trendy neighborhoods and upscale pedestrian malls. Each exterior gooseneck light features a long, slender arm (available in multiple arm configurations), and a sleek modern domed shade. This cup-shaped shade gives the fixture a contemporary, hip look while also successfully focusing a bright pool of light on your sign, or wherever you choose to aim it.
Business Curb Appeal with Gooseneck Lights
These domed lights are a lovely way to give your façade a fresh new look, adding instant curb appeal and bringing your storefront up to date. And of course, the practical advantage is that they shine much needed light on your business after the sun has gone down, making you more noticeable while also making your patrons feel safer. More than just sign lighting, these gooseneck lights are also a good way to illuminate doorways, awnings, outdoor dining areas and patios, sidewalk displays, and statuary. Two-dozen paint color options are available to help you match these lights to your current outdoor décor. Choose from premium paint colors, metallic finishes, and real metal coatings.
Installation & Lamping
Each of these gooseneck lights includes a 4" wall mounting plate, designed to be installed with most standard round or octagonal junction boxes. The domed shade (painted white on the inside unless otherwise specified) is rated for standard incandescent bulbs up to 200-watts. These fixtures are UL listed for outdoor use. For different lamping options, alternate arm configurations, and swivel options call customer service to discuss your outdoor lighting needs.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we’ll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.