Usually ships within 2 days.
Out of Stock
This item is currently not available
White flowers appear all season; strongly trailing plants; low maintenance; perfect filler plant in combinations
- Best Seller
- Deadheading Not Necessary
- Landscape Plant
- Low Maintenance
- Flower Color: White
- Foliage Color: Green
- Garden Height: 4 - 8" Short
- Spacing: 8 - 10"
- Habit: Trailing
- Duration: Annual
- Bloom Time: Planting to Hard Frost
- Zones: Annual except in zones 9 - 11
- Hardy Temp: 30°F (-1°C)
- Exposure: Sun or partial sun
- Water Needs: Normal
- Container Plant Style: Spiller - Trails over the side of a container
- Uses: Containers. Use in hanging baskets, combinations and window boxes
- Growing Tips:
Self-cleaning, no deadheading necessary.
Unlike most plants, Sutera will not wilt when drought stressed. Before the plant shows signs of wilting it will drop both the flowers and the buds on the plant. It takes about 2 weeks for the plant to come back into bloom after it has been drought stressed. To maintain constant bloom you will either need to monitor the plant closely and water before the soil gets too dry or you could plant Sutera with a plant that does wilt. Some good plants to consider are verbena, coleus, petunias etc. These companion plants will serve as indicator plants to let you know that the Sutera is dry and should help you avoid having the plant dropping blooms and buds due to drought stress.
An application of fertilizer or compost on garden beds and regular fertilization of plants in pots will help ensure the best possible performance.
- Common Name: Bacopa
- Argyranthemum frutescens: Bidens