When it comes to keeping your sign in the public eye, having the illuminating effects of our gooseneck lights is one sure way to up the odds in your favor. Customers can't buy your goods and services if they can't find you, and maintaining a visible sign after dark is one way to ensure they can find you any time of the day or night. Unlike backlit signs which light up your business name from the inside out, a design that can be aesthetically displeasing as well as expensive, these lights wrap around signs and awnings to showcase your business information directly, all while adding a classy lighting option for your exterior.
Our goosenecks offer the classic shades and slender arms that you know and love about these traditional and function lighting options, but they have modern features that make them ideally suited for use by contemporary businesses.
Not only to they exude the ideal combination of rustic charm and modern elegance, but this lights are highly functional and ideal for a wide range of applications. We've crafted them from durable aluminum, and then powder coated the finish for added weather resistance. Unlike painting, powder coating ensure the color is baked right into the metal, making rusting and other severe weather damage far less likely to occur. Choose from range of colors and other customization options to find the options that will work best for your unique situation.
Shade 12"W x 8" H, Arm 48 1/4" W x 3/4" dia.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we'll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.