Usually ships within 2 days.
Out of Stock
This item is currently not available
Blooms all season; heat and drought tolerant plants; grape-scented foliage; low maintenance
- Best Seller
- Cut Flower
- Deadheading Not Necessary
- Deer Resistant
- Drought Tolerant *
- Fragrant Foliage
- Heat Tolerant
- Landscape Plant
- Low Maintenance
- Must Have
- Native to the Americas
*Even drought tolerant annual and perennial plants will need water for the first few weeks while they get established. Shrubs and trees will need to be watered for the first year after they are planted. After this, little or no supplemental water will be necessary when planted in the ground. No plant is truly drought tolerant in a container; water is necessary for all plants in containers.
- Flower Color: Blue-Purple
- Foliage Color: Green
- Garden Height: 18 - 24" Medium
- Spacing: 12 - 14"
- Habit: Upright
- Duration: Annual
- Bloom Time: Planting to Hard Frost
- Zones: Annual except in zones 10 - 11
- Hardy Temp: 30°F (-1°C)
- Exposure: Full sun
- Water Needs: Normal
- Container Plant Style: Thriller - Used either in the back or middle of a container. Usually a taller item that adds height and drama to the container.
- Uses: Landscapes and containers. Use in combinations, window boxes and landscaping
- Growing Tips:
Self-cleaning, no dead-heading necessary.
Angelonia are heat-loving plants that will grow most vigorously and bloom best when the heat is on. They are plants best planted in mid-spring or later, since they won't really grow until the temperatures warm up. Angelonia will tolerate wet feet and a fair amount of drought. The plants are easy care with no deadheading needed. A bit of fertilizer or some compost in a garden bed is usually all that is needed for these plants to thrive. Due to their heat-loving nature they are one of the plants that can be planted even during the heat of mid-summer.
Don't forget that Angelface are great long lasting cut flowers with a slight grape soda fragrance. Try some in a flower arrangement this year and see for yourself!
An application of fertilizer or compost on garden beds and regular fertilization of plants in pots will help ensure the best possible performance.
- Common Name: Summer Snapdragon
- Scientific Name: Marguerite Daisy