Goosenecks for Indoor & Outdoor Use
While outdoor gooseneck lights are a fashionable way to illuminate your business's signage, they are also useful for so much more than just sign lighting. Any exterior lighting project can benefit from these classic fixtures, giving your façade a simple, elegant upgrade while also providing safety and visibility after the sun has gone down. With a long arm and wide warehouse shade, this gooseneck fixture is ideal for shedding a wide pool of light on outdoor deck and patio areas. It is a match made in heaven for restaurant or lounge dining patios and outdoor smoking areas. The warm, soft lighting adds to the ambiance of the outdoor entertaining area while also making patrons feel relaxed and safe.
Practical Lighting Benefits & Lamping
These large gooseneck lights are ideal for lining storefronts and alleyways. With a twofold practical benefit, the bright overhead light adds security to those tucked away spaces while also providing much needed visibility for nighttime travelers. Over awnings and in entryways these lights are a great way to guide customers right to your front door. This fixture comes with a standard incandescent configuration, UL rated for outdoors, with a shade rated for up to 150-watt bulbs. We also offer alternate lamping options including high-pressure sodium, compact fluorescent, and LED, by special request. Our customer service department is happy to discuss your customization options with you. Included with each gooseneck light is a 4" mounting plate suitable for installation with most standard round or octagonal junction boxes.
Color Your Business with Goosenecks
Make your exterior gooseneck lighting the perfect match for your space with a number of color options, including rainbow hues, natural tones, metallic, and real metal coatings. These aluminum lights are painted with a durable powder coat finish that adds to the aesthetic value and longevity of your fixture. There's no need to worry about rusting with these outdoor lamps either!
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we'll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.