Create a green wall with the modular Karoo Living Wall Planter. Made from recycled materials, each planter can be used alone or as part of a large installation. The built-in watering system allows you to water all the plants at once, and in multi-unit living walls, it can be integrated with a micro-drip watering system. Choose from white or dark grey. The dimensions are 15.25" by 15.25".
Using the Karoo Living Wall is simple!
1. Remove the planter from the box it comes in. You'll see that it has two parts, the base and the frame. A square of fabric is also included.
2. Remove the frame and fill the base with soil. To make sure the soil doesn't fall out when you hang it on the wall, cover it with the fabric square. It has slits for the plants to peek through. Put the frame over the base and the fabric. Fold open the fabric in each of the nine compartments.
3. Take your plants out of their pots and moisten the root balls. Plant one in each compartment, between the slits in the fabric. Press down on the potting soil. Water the unit with one liter of water to ensure good contact between root ball and potting soil.
4. To mount the planter on the wall, use the included screws. Also included is a cardboard guide to help you place the screws and ensure the planter is level. For best results, choose the most secure method for your wall, drilling into studs when possible or using drywall anchors.
5. Check your soil regularly and water as needed. Use no more than one liter of water at a time. Pour water into the spout at the top of the frame, and it will drip down throughout the soil, watering all the plants. Keep in mind that some water may drip off the plants onto the ground or floor below.
It's possible to create large living walls by combining multiple modules and linking them together with a watering system. For more information, call customer service at 800-896-0978.