Gooseneck Lights for Signs and Doorways
Useful for so much more than lighting up the night sky, this chic fixture does what no ordinary bulb alone can do: enhance the curb appeal of your property. With a slim and curvy arm and fashionably angled shade, this gooseneck light for signs, awnings, and doorways is the perfect way to add functional value and aesthetic appeal to your façade. A solitary gooseneck fixture stands well on its own over a doorway or decorative statuary. Or you can line an entire façade with these angled fixtures to light up your storefront with style.
Designed for Function and Beauty
The design of this modern gooseneck fixture meets two sets of criteria: those of the functional and those of the visual. The long gooseneck arm gives this fixture a unique, contemporary look while also ensuring that your light source is the perfect distance away from the wall. The angled shade- while fashionably minimalist in design- also guarantees directional lighting right where you need it. With this wide round shade you get a bright pool of illumination that will draw eyes to your sign or storefront even after the sun has gone down. And we make it easy to match these aluminum fixtures to your existing décor because they are available in 20 finish options. Choose from vibrant colors and stunning faux metal finishes, or custom order to your exact specifications.
Gooseneck Fixture Specifications
This incandescent gooseneck fixture is as easy to install as it is to match with your outdoor decorative scheme. Each fixture comes with a round 4-5/8" diameter wall mounting plate made from cast aluminum. It has holes that are 3-1/2" on center to install on any standard 4" round or octagonal or 4" weatherproof recessed junction box. All parts of this light are powder coated to protect from the elements. Rated for up to a 150W bulb, this fixture is also available in other lamping options upon request.
If our standard arms are not what your looking for
see our complete list below
Download Sign Bracket Store Arm Configurations
Please call for more information about arm
Choose your powder coated finish option by changing
the the color in the drop down menu below the order box.
Custom Finishes Available for an additional charge.
For more information call the Sign Bracket
Survey and Installation instructions for Gooseneck fixtures
Survey installation area prior to ordering/installing light fixtures
- Does local code or landlord allow for this style of light to be installed at desired location?
- Is there sufficient clearance above, below or adjacent to the installation location to accommodate sweep and projection of gooseneck arm and shade?
- Most gooseneck light fixtures are designed to be installed directly on top of a recessed standard Round or Octagonal Junction box. Are the junction boxes in the desired location? If the junction box(es) are located behind the wall or off to one side are the lead lengths coming out of the fixture long enough to reach? These fixtures can be ordered with longer lead lengths - call for details.
- Will the shade, at installed location/elevation, be directing its light at the desired spot on the sign face or wall surface? (if not can the mounting plate location be changed to compensate? Please note, an optional swivel coupling is available that will allow for the shade to be swiveled up/down to more precisely direct the light - call for details)
- Do you have a sufficient number of fixtures to light your sign? The general rule of thumb is one fixture for every 3' to 4' of sign width (tall signs may also require fixtures above and below the sign for proper illumination). Size of shade, length of arm, sign artwork and sign size/shape must be considered when determining number of fixtures required. If you are uncertain as to what will be required for your project please call and we'll be happy to help advise on your options.
Installation overview (all electrical installations should be performed by qualified personnel)
- Disconnect power at main electrical box, prior to installation.
- Verify wires from shade are long enough for the arm and accessories provided.
- Feed lead wires through arm and thread shade onto arm.
- Insert small gasket into wall plate. Press arm fully into wall plate and tighten set screws. Set large gasket in place.
- Make wiring connections according to local and national codes.
- Attach wall plate with arm assembly to junction box.
- With wall plate mounted, loosen set screws and adjust arm to correct position. After adjustment, place arm in wall plate firmly and tighten set screws.
- Use generic silicone sealant to prevent water entry.
Important - End of arm must be square and compress gasket adequately to provide wet location seal.