Take the stress out of container gardening with self-watering planters. Not only do these self-watering outdoor planters look great, they also have a functional feature you'll love, allowing you to water your plants much less often.
How do self-watering planters work? At the bottom of each planter, a reservoir collects water. Some planters have a fill tube that you directly pour water into, while others simply collect any excess water from the soil. In either case, the water stored in the reservoir is pulled up to the plant's roots when the soil dries out. In this way, self-watering patio planters take care of themselves, requiring very little attention. Depending on the plant's needs, you may only need to water it every 2 weeks.
You can turn any planter into a self-watering one by adding a stand-alone planter reservoir. A reservoir acts as a self-watering planter conversion kit. See how much easier gardening is with self-watering outdoor planters.
For more information about self-watering patio planters, call
7am - 5pm PST, M-F
Items 1-18 of 80
- Out of stock
- Promenade 24"x11" Patio Planter - 3 Colors
Starting at $92.85Out of stock
- Promenade 20" Square Planter - 3 Colors
Starting at $136.99Out of stock
- Promenade 16" Patio Planters - 3 Colors
Starting at $104.99Out of stock
- Prestige 40" Tall Planter - Choose 3 Colors
Starting at $391.85Out of stock
- Prestige Large 28x28 Patio Planter - 3 Colors
Starting at $451.85Out of stock
- Prestige 20x20 Patio Planter - Choose 4 Colors
Starting at $125.99Out of stock
- Parada Curved Rectangle Planters - 5 Colors to Choose From!
Starting at $189.99Out of stock
- Parada 16" Planters- Choose from 5 colors!
Starting at $105.99Out of stock
- Out of stock
- Out of stock
Self-Watering Planters: Keep Foliage Alive
A wide variety of plant life can benefit from self-watering planters. They not only enhance the health of flowers and greenery; they also are of great assistance to gardeners in all walks of life. To that end, Hooks and Lattice carries numerous styles, shapes and sizes of self-watering outdoor planters - from round pots to hanging planters to window boxes to self-watering patio planters, and more. Either purchase self-contained watering pots or purchase a self-watering irrigation and liner system to add to your favorite planter. Either way, your plants will thank you.
Self-Watering Flower Pots for People and Places
As previously mentioned, self-watering flower pots are advantageous for a variety of people. But they are also extremely helpful when used in certain locations. Self watering planters are ideal for:
- People with Busy Lives: Even when home, people may have numerous other obligations. By adding a self-irrigating planter, flowers stay watered up to 2 weeks, depending on plant type and weather conditions. Plants remain hydrated while also preserving essential minerals and nutrients that would otherwise evaporate
- People who Travel: Self-watering pots are ideal for individuals who travel frequently, keeping flowers refreshed while you're away, Arid Environments: if rain is rare in your part of the country, self-watering planters can make the difference between the health of your plants and their demise. Plant roots wick water through capillary action from moist soil when thirsty
- Planters in a Tight Spot: Some planters on second stories or corners of a building that may be covered by shrubs or trees can greatly benefit from self-irrigating systems. Just fill to capacity through the fill tube when needed instead of every other day so plants can have a drink when thirsty.
Shapes and Sizes Galore for Self-Watering Pots
Because planters that water themselves are so useful, we offer numerous colors, sizes and styles. There's an option and style for every setting, from chic to casual, for indoors and outside. They can also be made from a variety of durable materials including PVC, fiberglass, vinyl, polyvinyl, and polyethylene hanging baskets and planters. Self-irrigating planter shapes are also diverse, from square colonial styles to a woven style basket and modern square or rectangular styles. Whichever you choose, you can be confident your plants will thrive in one of our self-watering planters.